Foods to fuel our brain
If we want to be efficient in the studies and work, seize the day, besides being active throughout the years, we should worry about our food, nourish our brain is not a myth, there are foods especially suited to enhance our mental abilities.
Nutrition prevents illness
A proper nutrition is important to prevent neurodegenerative diseases, helps us to have more concentration, have a better mood and be more alert during the day and over time, this will help us do better in our daily tasks.
The foods that nourish our brain are those composed of fatty acids such as Omega 3, vitamin B, C and E, antioxidants also antioxidants, elements that help the regeneration of neurons and favor the health of the brain, promoting and protecting cognitive abilities.
Food for intelligence
- Complex carbohydrates: Glucose that is found in these foods is the fuel of the body, as long as we take them in moderation and choose the best foods that contain it, such as vegetables, beans, rice.
- Tuna, sardines, salmon, are some of the fish with a high content of Omega 3, great for the intellectual and excellent performance for memory.
- Nuts: Almonds and hazelnuts particularly this food group, have a high content of vitamin E that helps preserve memory.
- Dark chocolate: Chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa is very healthy, it has iron, copper, magnesium and fiber, which help to improve the ability of blood vessels to spend more oxygenated blood to the brain.
- Olive Oil: The extra virgin olive oil may help with verbal memory, i.e. it helps us remember the words, it also prevents Alzheimer’s. Use it in salads and dressings.
- Strawberries: It has antioxidant components which slow down cognitive deterioration of our brain.
- Water: We must consume at least two liters of water every day, being hydrated is essential to maintain energy.
- Eggs: Studies have shown that egg yolk has a component known as choline, which is part of the vitamin B group, which help to protect the connection between the neural nerves.
- Vegetables: Eat green vegetables in the three main meals delay mental decline and cognitive wear by 40%.
- Finally in addition to adequate food to nourish our brains, we must have lifestyle habits that help us to maintain mental acuity, sleep, play sports, avoid stress, all to protect the engine of our body.