Breakfast is one of the most important meals for the day. After all, it sets the mood for how you start your day. So, it’s vital to get something solid. Many popular food ideas people are familiar with will supercharge your breakfast. However, this article focuses on a simple meal of rice and eggs. Probably this blend is surprising to many since eggs may be the common breakfast choice, but rice isn’t popular much for breakfast. But no one restricts what you can have, so why not?
The main concern regarding this simple breakfast choice is how healthy is rice and eggs for breakfast. If you want to learn more about the same, check out the details below. Check it out!
How healthy is a mix of rice and eggs for breakfast?
Is going for rice and eggs for breakfast healthy? Yes. But this response isn’t always definite to this inquiry since they are many considerations when defining a healthy meal.
Generally, each of these products features multiple advantages after consumption. Naturally, rice is rich in carbohydrates, proteins, calories, and other minerals and often serves as an energy-giving food.
On the other hand, eggs contain high-level proteins and many vitamins and minerals. The definitions above suggest that a mix of rice and eggs is a great breakfast choice. However, there is a loophole in this statement since they are several features that define a healthy meal.
How you prepare the meal and what you add to it will play a huge role in its nutrients and health level.
How do you prepare eggs and rice for a healthy breakfast?
This section covers simple hacks to use when making simple and healthy rice and eggs meals for breakfast.
1. Healthy Fried Rice:
You need simple ingredients such as eggs, rice, cabbage, green onions, carrots, and soy sauce. Then follow the simple steps below:
- Prepare your rice the previous night and give it all the time to cool down before using it when making breakfast.
- Get your pan hot and fry your rice and ensure that it doesn’t burn.
- Cook your eggs in a different pan and later add it to the rice alongside your cabbages or any other greens you love.
- Add carrots and soy sauce to make it tastier, and cook for a few minutes to let the ingredients mix well.
- Serve when hot.
2. Fried Pineapple Rice
you need the essential ingredients for frying something, such as oil, pepper, and onions. The main components are rice, eggs, and a pineapple…
- Prepare your rice earlier and let it cool at room temperature. Note that you can use a day’s old rice.
- Heat the oil and cook scrambled eggs in a pan for a minute.
- Using a clean pan, heat your oil and add onions until they cook before adding pepper, carrots, peas, and other things of your choice, such as coriander.
- Add the rice and mix with the vegetables and cook for two minutes.
- Add a well-mixed blend of soy sauce and brown sugar to the food.
- Finally, put the well-cooked eggs and pineapples in the mixture and stir it to let the ingredients mix well.
- Serve the food when hot.
3. Rice with hard-boiled eggs
The necessary ingredients are eggs, rice, and various vegetables and fruits. Make this healthy meal in less than thirty minutes by following the steps below.
- Boil your rice. You can use pre-cooked rice and reheat it.
- Wash your eggs and add water to cover the eggs before boiling them for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on your preference.
- Put the cold water on the eggs and let them cool before peeling them.
- Fry your vegetables.
- Serve the food and add a few fruits such as avocado to spice your breakfast.
4. Traditional omelet with rice
Ingredients include rice, eggs, and vegetables and all you need is to follow the simple steps below:
- Boil your rice a day before and let your rice cool. You can use a day’s old rice for this step.
- Fry the eggs with various vegetables.
- Whisk eggs with salt, pepper, and a dash of water.
- Cook the eggs and place the cooked rice on one side before folding the omelet.
- Serve it when hot.
- To add more flavor, drip lemon juice on the meal.
What nutritional components of rice and eggs make it a healthy breakfast?
Add happiness to your day by taking a bowl of rice and eggs. Typically, eggs and rice are rich foods that various nutritionist recommend since they are simple to prepare, delicious, and positively impacts your body. So, what do you introduce to your body after having the rice and eggs meal for breakfast?
You can have brown rice or white rice, depending on your preference and taste. But their nutritional components vary from each other. The nutrients include:
- The calories level in white rice is 123 for every 100 grams of rice, and brown rice has 111
- Proteins levels in every 100 grams of white rice are 2.9 grams, and brown rice features 2.6 grams
- Carbohydrates level in brown rice is lower at 23 grams compared to white rice with 30 grams
- Fat level is higher in brown rice with 0.9 grams, and in white rice includes 0.4 grams
- The fiber content in brown rice is 1.8 grams, but in white rice, it is 0.9 grams
Other vital minerals in both types of rice are folate, manganese, thiamine, selenium, etc.
When it comes to eggs, the product is rich in various things, including:
- Vitamins B5, B12, A, E, K, D, and B6
- Healthy fats
Note that eggs are rich in cholesterol because of the yolk. But, health experts recommend eating them because they rarely raise an individual’s cholesterol levels.
Breakfast with a delicious meal of rice and eggs is an excellent way of starting your day. It is a rare combination, especially for breakfast, but it does a great job. This article defines facts about the healthy levels of rice and eggs and why it is a great meal for breakfast. So, ensure you go through the article above to learn more on the same.