It seems incredible that food known for many years as nuts, have a nutritious and healing properties out of the ordinary, but it is. Ah!, Do not you know that walnuts are one of those foods that can not lack in diet due to the large number of positive benefits for health? Here we will tell you, do not worry:
Walnuts nutritional information
Let’s start with the nutritional information. Like all nuts, walnuts have a significant input of energy and calories for our body, so they should be eaten in moderation: eating a handful nut per day is enough to enjoy all its positive effects on our health.
Nuts have a lot of protein, between 10 and 20 grams per 100. However, they also have a good amount of fat: 65 grams of 100, so they should not be abused. In addition also they contain about 15 grams of carbohydrates and are an excellent source of potassium, phosphorus and magnesium.
The fats of nuts are healthy
Walnut fat is mainly composed of polyunsaturated vegetable oils, in addition to also have a small component of monounsaturated fats. You should know that splitting fats of basic form, there are three types:
The “bad” fats are saturated, of which the walnuts are lacking. The other two types of fat, especially monounsaturated fats, are an excellent choice in the fight against cholesterol.
Health benefits of nuts
The walnut, besides being an exquisite food, easy to maintain and you can eat at any time of year, has numerous positive effects for us:
- Prevent arthritis and other cardiovascular diseases.
- They help lower cholesterol.
- In perspective, they help you lose weight.
- They are good for the heart.
- They contain a lot of vitamin E, a natural antioxidant.
- Prevent eczema or dry skin.
- They help preserve the health of our precious hair thanks to the omega 3 and omega 6 oils.
- Prevent osteoporosis because they provide a good amount of calcium.
- They are an excellent food for diabetics.
- They help reduce stress.
- They enhance our quality of life if we suffer hypertension.