The dairy milks are healthy and natural beverages that can become an excellent option when we suffer from lactose intolerance. As surely know, this intolerance has become in recent years a very common disorder, which prevents the habitual consumption of cow’s milk that has not been treated to remove lactose, the sugar in milk.
As for the proper vegetable milk, there is no doubt that one of its main advantages is that it constitute an ideal alternative when we can not drink cow’s milk, adding even in most cases greater benefits and nutritional properties. In addition, following the basic preparation tips and counting with enough ingredients, we can easily prepare it at home.
Such beverages can be made with nuts, seeds or legumes. In the case of nuts, today we talk about the various benefits of pistachio milk.
Benefits of pistachio milk
The pistachio milk constitutes an excellent healthy drink, thanks to the different healthy fats that brings this delicious nut, being rich in monounsaturated fats and oleic acid.
It is also rich in antioxidant nutrients like carotenoids and phytosterols, which means that it provides benefits not only antioxidants, but also anticancer and rejuvenating. It’s interesting milk and not only as an alternative to cow’s milk, but as a traditional remedy for high cholesterol and triglycerides.
It helps to increase the defenses, thanks to its high content in vegetable proteins, highlighting the arginine.
See also: Benefits of chestnut milk
How to make pistachio milk?
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- 6 cups water
- Brown sugar or honey for taste.
- First, wash well the pistachios in water.
- In a blender mix well the pistachios with one cup of water for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Reduce the mixer speed to minimum speed and beat for 20 seconds. Now add another cup of water to the mixture and using a wooden spoon to mix well.
- Heat the equivalent 2 cups of water and add to mixture.
- Using a clean cloth or strainer for strain the drink.
- Now back to beat the mixture at low speed and add another 2 cups of water.
- Finally reserve in the fridge.