The importance of balanced diet
A balanced diet is vital for our physical, mental and emotional well being. We always hear a lot about weight loss and diets that closely relate to issues such as healthy eating. We have become accustomed to the ‘diets’ represent us be healthy and avoid not only the increase in weight, but also the problems associated with health.
Tips to lose weight through a healthy meal
When we don’t eat in a healthy way what they mean is that we do not eat the necessary quantities of nutrients, vitamins and proteins that the body requires to function. We can not only eat carbohydrates that we like, it is important to combine different types of food to maintain a good weight and being healthy.
Here are some tips that can help us to lose weight:
- Consume foods rich in vitamins and low in fat. The varieties of fruits, apples, berries among others, contain no fat and provide the necessary nutrients.
- Consume foods rich in fiber, thus helping our body to function better and eliminate toxins. Includes in our diet vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains, nuts, dried fruit, raw seeds and other foods that are sources of fiber.
- To have a healthy diet and lose weight we also have to eliminate foods that are high in sugar, such as soft drinks and snacks.
- We must include in our diet vegetables, all varieties of this are ideal, but we must make them steamed or if use oil that is extra virgin olive oil.
- Decreases the salt in our meals, with that will reduce the pressure and fluid retention.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water throughout the day. This will help flush toxins.
- Make regular exercise, sedentary lifestyle is a great enemy of health. Hiking at least 3 times a week for at least 45 minutes.
- Sleep is necessary, it is a very important function of our body that allows to recover our body’s daily activity.
- Reduce stress, this will improve our physical, emotional and mental health.
Also interested to check: What are the reasons why we failed when trying to lose weight?